Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hope is Risky - Psalm 119:73-77

(73) Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands.  (74) May those who fear you rejoice when they see me, for I have put my hope in your word.  (75) I know, O LORD, that your laws are righteous, and in faithfulness you have afflicted me.  (76) May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.  (77) Let your compassion come to me that I may live, for your law is my delight.

Yes, hope is risky.  It propels us toward change.  We are drawn toward something we can not see, and sometimes, our footing is unsure.  There are times we can't even imagine what is yet to come.  But, we walk with hope in God and steadfast faith that God will keep his promises to us.
It is, indeed, a challenge to live faithfully, with hope each and every day.  If you feel your hope and your faith are weak, it is my desire to instill hope and faith in you.  That's why I'm here.  That's why God called me to write Nan's Calendar. 
 I hold no degree in my hand.  I'm not a preacher.   I am simply an ordinary person God is using to help you and encourage you.  God is at the center of my hope and my faith.  There should be no doubt in anyone's mind where I stand.  My foundation is sure and solid.  Stand on The Rock (God's law) and you will not fall.  It won't crumble under your feet.  Your hope will rise as your inner strength deepens.  It will enable you to take risks that prove worthy and fruitful, in accordance with God's plans for your future.  Sometimes, change is only movement, not necessarily forward and upward.  A move backward is still change.  May your hope and your changes today be centered on God.  
In Christian love. Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment