Sunday, September 27, 2009

Support Your Faith - 2 Peter 1:3-11

(3) His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. (4) Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. (5) For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; (6) and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance, and to perseverance, godliness; (7)and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. (8) For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. (9) But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins. (10)Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, (11) and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

In order to truly absorb all you just read, it will be necessary to read it again. Read it slowly and with an open mind, willing to apply Peter's words of wisdom in your daily life. In all my efforts to encourage you, I will tell you the truth as I know it to be. I care about some of you in the way I care about my own children. Some of you are as brothers and sisters to me. It is my desire to uplift my own brothers and sisters, as well. There are those who have acted as mentors to me through the years. Some of you are friends I haven't met face to face. I care about each and every one of you reading these words.

In order for for me to be an effective witness, I continue to support my faith. In doing so, it is my hope and desire to be a supporter of your own faith. As I pour over the pages of my Bible, I trust God to direct me to the verses of his choosing. Though I don't hear an audible voice from God, I am sure of his presence and that he tells me which way to go. It is also his desire for your faith to grow.

Many of you have never heard the sound of my voice, but you know I am alive and real. You know that God and I care about you or Nan's Calendar would never have been conceived. Imagine in your mind, the sound of a soft Southern drawl as you read these messages and that will bring you close to "hearing" the sound of my voice. I want to be known by you in a special way. In order for these messages to carry any meaning for you, a personal touch is necessary. When you remember the sound of a soft Southern drawl, think of me and how much I care about you.

Have a wonderful day and remember to support your faith by getting into the Word daily. It's a win win situation. In Christian love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment