Thursday, October 29, 2009

Beautiful Feet - Romans 1:16-17 >10:14-17

(16) I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.  (17) For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."
Chapter 10:14-17
(14) How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in?  And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard?  And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?  (15) And how can they preach unless they are sent?  As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"  (16) But not all the Israelites accepted the good news.  For Isaiah says,  "Lord, who has believed our message?"   (17) Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

I consider it a joy and privilege to open my Bible any time I wish and read God's Holy Word.  It contains so much love, wisdom, comfort, and instruction.  I take my responsibility as a Christian seriously.  I don't consider myself a preacher, but I do consider myself a disciple of the Most High God, and without leaving the comfort of my own home, my feet (through the miracle of the internet) travel all over the world sharing the word of God with anyone willing to take a moment out of their day to partake of the Bread of Life. 
I am thrilled to have shared the message with someone in Portugal, India, Canada, and all over my beloved America since sending Nan's Calendar via this blog.  Truly, I travel all over the globe spreading the inspired word of God.  
Pray with me that more and more people will visit and learn more about the love of God and what is necessary to have eternal life.  I am merely a vessel God uses to reach his people to comfort, strengthen, teach them, admonish them when necessary, to speak the truth in love and to offer encouragement and inspiration.  I want you to hunger for more.  That is why I encourage everyone to do more than "listen" to me.  Pick up your own Bible and open it.  God will direct you to the wisdom of the day.  The more you follow the way of the Lord, the more he will reveal his way to you.
In faith, Nan

1 comment:

  1. The rose is lovely. It made me think that if
    a rose can bloom so beautifully in the
    darkest of night, then so can I.
    Thanks,
    Burlene

    ReplyDelete