Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Reaching Out ~ Touching You - Matthew 14:35-36

Quote of the Day
Most physicians realize very well indeed what a decisive part faith plays in the overcoming of sickness.  This faith is activated from the mind, the intellect.  If your heart and your head will share in a common real belief, the result is faith, and through faith all things are possible.
Albert Cliffe from his book entitled Let Go and Let God steps in victorious living

(35) And when the men of that place recognized Jesus, they sent word to all the surrounding country.  People brought all their sick to him  (36) and begged him to let the sick just touch the edge of his cloak, and all who touched him were healed.

So incredible is the power of Jesus and the power of faith!  He is so close to you right now that if you wanted to touch him, you could.  You may not be aware of his presence, but he is there, nonetheless.  Being healed isn't the same as being cured.   It is possible to be healed and still not be cured of a disease.
We haven't even begun to understand the incredible power of positive thinking.  There are those, however, such as Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, who have spent years studying the effects of positive thinking and the importance of living a positive thought life. 
Jesus healed those sick people in the Bible because of their faith in him.   Simply stated; they believed in him and were healed.  They came to him, reached out to him, touched him and they were healed. 
Because of my love for Jesus, I am reaching out to you and I pray that I am touching you through my words.  I don't claim to be a healer.  I am an encourager.  I pray that through my positive outlook on life and the things I have learned about life that your faith will be strengthened and you will, in turn, reach out to others and encourage them with the encouragement you have received. 
Have a wondeful day!  Nan

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Nan. I continue to be in physical pain. Although I ask the Lord for relief, maybe I'm not asking the right way or believing as much as I can. Please keep me in your prayers, also that the MRI next week might show if there is some reason for this pain. Bless you.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete