Monday, November 16, 2009

A Soul Restored - Psalm 23

Quote of the Day
Mine is a wonderful life and I look forward to each new day. Don't mourn my death - I will live with the LORD for all eternity in Heaven. I hope to see you there....  Nan Forehand

 1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, 3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Of this, I am sure.  Of what are you sure?  Is he your shepherd?

the 23rd Psalm in relation to Nan's life
1) The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
(I am happy to have a personal relationship with God. He provides for all my needs.)

2) He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul.
(Because of God's love and protection, I could sleep anywhere in peace; I love to sit by the creek which runs softly through the woods on our property. Every day He lifts my spirit.)

3) He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
(He keeps me on the straight and narrow path to Jesus.)

4) Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
(I have walked through the valley and He was with me. He is my protector. The rod and staff are symbols of God's strength and authority in all situations.)

5) You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
(A hedge of protection is always around me. I am no longer afraid. Actually, You anointed my head with oil through Pastor Melanie. I am continually filled with the Holy Spirit.)

6) Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
(Mine is a wonderful life and I look forward to each new day. Don't mourn my death - I will live with the LORD for all eternity in Heaven. I hope to see you there....)


No comments:

Post a Comment