Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Psalm For My Son, John

A Psalm for My Son, John

(Soar With The Eagle, My Son)

Oh Lord, most gracious God
You search my mind and my heart.
My innermost desires have always been known to You.
How great the blessings You have bestowed upon me.
My soulmate, my daughter and my son are priceless and cherished.
I praise You for the blessings of family and friends.
Today, I give praise and honor to You, oh God,
for the blessing of my son in my life.
Before he came forth into this world,
You knew his destiny.
As much as I love him, You love him more.
All the days of his life
instruct him in the way he should go.
Impart unto him love, knowledge, wisdom,
compassion, and strength of character.
May his integrity never be breached.
May Your good and Holy Spirit lead him
on level ground all the days of his life.
Though he is human and he will make mistakes,
I trust You, oh God, to fulfill Your purpose for his life.
Through those times when he does the things
he doesn't want to do and doesn't do the things
he wants to do, love him and forgive him when
he fails you.
My son is a heritage from You, Most Precious Lord.
May he always and forever be secure as he daily
puts his faith in You.
He knows his life is in Your hands.
Mold him and shape him into the man
he is becoming.
Your promise preserves his life.
Keep evil far from him.
As he travels through this earthly life
keep a hedge of protection around him.
Lord, my son is a delight to my soul and
he gives me peace.
My heart sings as he wraps me up in a tender
embrace of love.
Lord, give him wings to soar with the eagle.
Direct his steps in the way he should go.
Shine Your light into his inmost being.
Use his life as an example of Your unfailing love.
My soul rejoices for my son is a rare gem
being polished by my Lord and Savior.
As he matures into manhood and becomes husband
and father himself, lead him, guide him, and direct
him in all he says and does so that his words
and his actions are pleasing unto You.
Heavenly Father, in You, I put my hope and my trust.
With absolute faith and with no room for doubt,
I will honor You and praise You all the days
of my life. You are worthy, Lord. You are
worthy.
So let it be.
Amen
written by Nan Forehand
Saturday, January 9, 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment