Monday, March 15, 2010

Family

Family - is at the center of life's meaning; individuals linked together by a golden chain of love; family celebrates triumphs and shares adversities across generations and across the miles like a never-ending hug. Family encircles each member with steadfast devotion and enduring love.  Family is belonging to and believing in each other. Author Unknown

There is no doubt in my mind this quote is intended for you today.  I found it scribbled on an aged piece of paper as I unpacked a box recently.  I typed the quote with the intention of including it in the post and didn't finish the post.  I came to the computer this morning with another thought in mind.  I had typed almost the entire message and somehow it was all deleted before my eyes, much to my astonishment!  I realized, as the glory bumps rose up on my arms, that God wanted the quote about "Family" included in the message, instead of the other one I had begun this morning.
God is in control of everything, including the quotes and messages posted here.  We are all part of God's family.  God is love and God is the head of our family. 
God - is at the center of life's meaning; individuals linked together by a golden chain of love; God celebrates triumphs and shares adversities across generations and across the miles like a never-ending hug.  God encircles each member with steadfast devotion and enduring love. Family is belonging to and believing in each other; all this, by the grace of God.
Thank you so much for your prayers on behalf of my brother, Woody.  He did have a heart attack and had two stents put in.  He is home recovering, but is having side effects from one of the medications.  Please continue to remember him in prayer.  Also, thank you for remembering Paul and Sharon Lowry in prayer.   Visit www.caringbridge.org/sharonlowry to receive the latest updates.  They are truly an amazing couple transformed by Grace and they are serving God as His disciples in the midst of the unknowns of Sharon's brain tumor.  They know God is in control and they are a blessing to all of us.  God blesses them and they bless God.  Allen and I had a brief visit with Paul yesterday afternoon.  Sharon was resting after her incredible day!  God is good all the time and all the time God is good! 
I have to get ready for work now!!!  I lost track of time!  Have a wonderful day!  Love ya!  Nan

Transformed by Grace - Tanka
By: Nan Forehand

by God's grace we are transformed
into His likeness
this grace creates disciples
ready and willing to serve
our purpose is clear

copyright 2008 Transformed by Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment