Thursday, September 16, 2010

From The Fullness Of His Grace

From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another.
John 1:16

The gifts of our senses are so amazing and these senses help us in the interpretation of blessings.
What joy comes to my heart when I see a sunrise or sunset.
Oh, the memories that come flooding into my soul when I breathe in the aroma of freshly baked brownies.
Can we accurately describe the sensation of touching the velvety softness of a baby's skin.
We all know the pleasure that comes from tasting our favorite foods.
The sounds of something we interpret as beautiful, bring joy and lift out spirits.
As we incorporate these senses into our daily lives, we experience untold blessings each day.  These are very personal experiences.  I haven't even touched upon the pleasures received when we lose our sense of self and focus on bringing joy to another human being. 
A young man said something to me that deeply touched my heart.  He and I have never met in person, but we have shared with each other through email recently.  I don't have a clue where he lives and don't know if we will ever meet in person.  We talk about life, faith, our relationships with God and our relationships with others. In his email yesterday, he said that if we do get a chance to meet, he will be the one with the "ear to ear smile".   What joy he brought to my heart!  Mutual encouragement is priceless.  What a blessing he has been to me!  Take care as you go about your daily routine.  I hope you lose count of the blessings in your life.  Your involvement  today  may be counted among someone else's blessings and you may never even know it!  But, I assure you, they will remember your simple act of kindness or the kind word you spoke.....and so will God remember.
Love, Nan

1 comment:

  1. "Your involvement today may be counted among someone else's blessings and you may never even know it!"
    I do pray that may be true of me as I go about the business of my day. It's so easy to just think of me, me, me.

    Geneva

    ReplyDelete