Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Great Discoveries

I discovered something truly great last night as I prepared to respond to an email I received from a dear friend yesterday.  The number of days between my message of Nov. 11th and the message I wrote yesterday was exactly 40 days!  That may not be a significant discovery to some.  There are those among you who do understand the significance of how God prepared people in biblical times, including Jesus, using this specific number of days.  I am amazed God has worked in my life in such a way as this.  I had no clue as I rose from my bed yesterday morning that my absence from you would come to an end.  Mind you, the total days between writings wasn't 35 days or 47 days.  It was 40 days exactly!  I have no doubt God led me to this room, knowing I would write to you after a 40 day absence from writing.  The hand of God is in every aspect of our lives.  Yes, absolutely, even when we aren't aware of it at the time.  I find great joy in this discovery and am thrilled to share it with you!

Mark Twain wrote "Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of joy you must have somebody to divide it with."  I am honored to divide my joy with you.  As I divide my joy with you, it is multiplied many times over and I am able to continue being filled with joy.  It is only worthwhile when I share it with someone else.  What good is joy if I keep it to myself? 

If you can't put your hand on your joy right now, find it.  It's there.  Share it with someone today.  It returns to you greatly multiplied!  God is holding out to you in His hands the gift of joy.  Accept it.  Open it.  Share it. 

1 Thessalonians 3:9 How can we (I) thank God enough for you in return for all the joy we (I) have in the presence of our God because of you? (my friends)

Share the joy of this most special time of year, not only on Christmas Day, but each day of the year!   Keep the joy of Christmas in your heart all year long.
Merry Christmas! Love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment