Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A clarification and an apology

Greetings,
A comment was made yesterday regarding two particular quotes from the message of the 17th to which I spent a good deal of time and energy last night through email, addressing the concerns, if you will, of the reader, for whom I have a great deal of respect.  At this time, I will focus on the quotes, rather than the specifics of the comment. 
The first quote in question refered to the inner spirit being always beautiful and lovable. I searched the entire chapter for more information so as to shed light on the subject in greater detail.  To my surprise I found no direct material to support the quote.
I can tell you what I believe and why I believe it....my own thoughts.... I believe God created our inner spirit (as well as everything else) and that he saw beauty in the spirit at the time of creation.  I believe he continues to see that same beauty in his creation.  At times, we may not see the true beauty of our inner spirit because of particular human thoughts obscuring the true beauty.  God sees all clearly all the time.  At times, we may not feel lovable.  Again, I believe this has to do with human thoughts.  Parents may not love something a child has done, but know the child is still lovable.  Just because the child acted in an unlovable way doesn't mean his or her inner spirit is not lovable.
Regarding the quote about "declaring something as if it were already true makes it so", again, I searched the entire chapter where the quote was written and found nothing to substantiate the quote.  Again, surprised at this and disappointed.  I had not read the book from cover to cover before sending yesterday's message.  To that end, I will not continue with more quotes from the book.
What I can say about the second quote in question comes from my Bible and is found in Matthew 11:22-26 and I'll quote from my NIV version, "Have faith in God," Jesus answered. I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive your sins."
The side notes printed in my Bible regarding this passage are as follows and entitled How much can faith do?and I quote, "Faith in God is all-powerful because God is omnipotent. The one who prays correctly will leave room for God's will to overrule any request (Matt. 6:10). In this case, Jesus may have had the Mount of Olives in mind. Christ's return will upset the mountain, splitting it in two when he descends from heaven. See Will the Mount of Olives be split literally in two? (Zech. 14:4).
For the sake of accuracy, I have printed in italics and bold print exactly how it is printed in my Bible. I hope and pray I haven't taken anything out of context.  I underlined the sentence I think is very important to remember which addresses our desire as compared to the will of God.

I take Nan's Calendar messages to heart and I want only to encourage others.  If I have offended anyone, please accept my sincere apology.  It is my deepest desire to lift others up and to glorify God.  If anyone should lose sight of who this is really about, that one being God, not myself, it will be the end of Nan's Calendar for that person, because in their eyes, I will have lost all credibility.  I don't hold a degree of any kind so it's easy to tell I'm not a Bible scholar or formally educated writer.  I am simply one who loves the Lord with all my heart and feel God called me to write Nan's Calendar three years ago to share his love, his mercy and grace with the world at large in the capacity I am able to do so.
Have a wonderful day.
Your sister in Christ,
Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment