Monday, February 21, 2011

February 21, 1992 -

In exact proportion, as you give joy, you will receive joy.  It is a law of exact reciprocity.  Joy increases as you give it, and diminishes as you try to keep it for yourself.  Actually, unless you give it, you will ultimately lose it.  In giving it you will accumulate a deposit of joy greater than you ever believed possible.
Dr. Norman Vincent Peale


Today is John's 19th birthday.  He is our only son.  In 19 years, he has given us a wealth of joy simply by being John.  He is a delight to be around and is filled with joy when he makes people laugh by bringing out Chester, his camel puppet.  He is an amateur ventriloquist, and just the other night, John brought out Chester for the girlfriend of one of his long-time buddies.  This young lady practically lost her breath from laughing so much as we interacted with Chester.  We love to hear the sound of laughter in our home and the house was rocking that night, thanks to John and Chester. 
John is in the pre-enlistment process of joining the U.S. Air Force.  He is attending classes at our local community college and he is an Eagle Scout.  He sings in the choir at church and volunteers at Fort Dobbs, a local historic site.  Keep him in your prayers.  He is a work in progress, as are we all.  I think John is spending his dash wisely.  We serve an awesome God.



Spend Your Dash Wisely

September 18, 1959 -
my ending date is yet unnamed
to the world I am not famed
I'm spending something more important than cash
each day I live, I'm spending my dash
to you, my dash may be a thin, little line
I find it's a very important sign
when my dates are carved on stone
my dash will represent the love I've shown
it will consist of every thing I've ever done
yes, in the dark and under the sun
dust to dust and ash to ash
a word to the wise - be careful how you spend your dash
written by: Nan Forehand October 6, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment