Friday, March 4, 2011

A Loving Tribute

The following is the birth verse for anyone born on March 4th.

Colossians 3:4 NIV
When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

The poem I will share with you today is a tribute to my Mama.  I am so thankful I knew her.  I never knew my father.  In fact, never even knew what he looked like until I saw a photo of him three years ago that was taken before he married Mama. 
In the absence of my father, God has, in His perfect timing, placed godly men in my life.  And since Mama died, I have had the privilege of knowing some of the most wonderful, godly women.  Don't despair if you didn't know your own mother or father.  God needed their DNA to create you.  He wants you to experience a wholesome, healthy relationship with a mother/father figure, nevertheless.  Everyone needs to be loved.  Everyone has love to give.  There is so much more about love than warm feelings. Love is a command God gave us to do loving things. 

This is my command: Love each other. John 15:17

Reunion of My Mama and Me


Written by: Nan Forehand

Friday, March 4, 2011

radiant glow in my Mama's face
of furrowed brow and wrinkles not a trace
heavenly sparkle in her eyes
finished the race and won the prize
I envision her transformation
to truly see her will be jubilation
her spirit transcends space and time
inspired me to compose this rhyme
no more sickness, grief or pain
the victory she did claim
let go of what might have been
comforting, calming peace within
in the spirit realm she does reside
yet, she is ever by my side
once again her face I will see
reunion of my Mama and me
reunion of my Mama and me

Author's note: I had recently turned 25 when Mama (Carol) died. I'm now 51 years of age. Memories of her grow sweeter and more comforting as the days of my life unfold. It is my earnest desire to bring comfort and peace to you today. If your mama is alive, cherish her now. Give nothing and no one the power to cause a rift between you. Embrace her in your arms now and may you embrace each other in sweet memories later, until the glorious arrival of your own reunion day.

1 comment: