Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Light In the Window

A smile is the light in the window of your face that shows your heart is at home.
Author Unknown

I smiled so much throughout the day yesterday that my cheeks hurt!  It was an awesome day from the very beginning, that being 5:00 am, when Allen (my husband) and I went for our usual brisk walk, along with our black Lab, Bob, and continued to be a day filled with love and laughter, right into the evening!
Not in order of events, but included in my awesome day were an unexpected visit from a wonderful lady friend of mine and her four beautiful daughters, a trip to the dry cleaners to pick up a dozen teddy bears to take to the hospital ER, delivering the teddies to the ER and a visit with the ER staff to hear great stories of how these teddies are touching the lives of children who are in need of cuddly, soft comfort during a very stressful time in their lives; a visit with my daughter, who knitted a gorgeous white baby sweater for a special friend of mine who is expecting her first child; going with two very special friends of mine to the announcement party for my pregnant friend (long story, short version.....surprise!! the inside of the cake was pink!  They're having a girl!); experiencing numerous "God moments" throughout the day that my skin kept having "glory bumps"!!!  That's right, glory bumps, not goose bumps!
The more love and smiles you give away, the more you get in return!  God is good all the time and all the time God is good!!!!
Gotta get up from here now and get going on my 2012 calendar of teddy bears.  I have taken several photos and still have more to take.  It's so exciting!  Gotta set up a teddy bear picnic photo!  Talk to you later! Love, Nan

P.S. My friend said, (who came for a visit with her daughters)..... "I'm so happy that if it were dark right now, I'd be glowing in the dark!"   Yes, my friends, she and I were glowing in the presence of the Lord yesterday.  I'm still in the afterglow!

No comments:

Post a Comment