Friday, August 26, 2011

Three Ideas

1) be true to yourself --
2) be glad you're alive --
3) be willing to learn!

How much these three ideas have to offer in thinking about ourselves.  We are always thinking about ourselves -- there's nothing wrong with that -- but let's do it constructively.
A quote from Dale Carnegie's Scrapbook - A Treasury of the Wisdom of the Ages

I've searched my Bible to find inspirational passages to solidify the importance of the three ideas printed above.  Below are the verses God directed me to use.  1) We must first be able to accept our own truth about ourselves in order to speak the truth to anyone else.  2) Simply be glad!  If you need an attitude adjustment in order to be glad, then adjust your attitude and be glad! (spoken with a twinkle in my eyes and a smile on my face).  3) Jesus said "...... learn from me, .......".  To learn from Jesus means to spend quality, quiet time immersed in the Bible, to be willing to accept Jesus' words as absolute truth.  A soul at rest is beautiful.  It is to experience the very essence of peace to be in the presence of the Lord.
Have a wonderful day! Love, Nan

1) Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.
Ephesians 4:15

2) I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul.  You have not handed me over to the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place.
Psalm 31:7-8

3) "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment