Tuesday, November 22, 2011

and the teddies go marching along!

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
II Timothy 1:7

Today is November 22nd!  It is a day to celebrate!  God has provided teddy bears in abundance for my Nan's good will bears project!   On July 22nd, I took the first two dozen teddies to the emergency room at Iredell Memorial Hospital to be given to sick or injured children who come through the ER in need of that special comfort that comes from holding a cuddly teddy bear.  More than 150 children have received this special comfort since July 22nd.  My brother in law asked me several months ago "how long are you going to do this?"  I told him confidently "as long as God provides teddy bears" (with a big smile on my face).
Parents receive a copy of the poem I wrote explaining the details of how this project came to be.  You can visit www.wordchimes.com to read it.  It's entitled appropriately Nan's good will bears.
Please keep Jeff White and his staff of Sloan's Cleaners in your prayers.  Jeff and one of his employees had been cleaning the teddies for me, but Ashley continues to have health issues.  They are heavily into the holiday season in the dry cleaning business.  Jeff taught me how to care for the bears and I suggested to him that since the shop is so busy and he is often short staffed, I will pick up the responsibility for cleaning them.  He gave me some of the cleaning solution and I am cleaning them at home now.  They have to be cleaned prior to the children taking them.
God calls us to do the possible and to let Him do the impossible.
Take care and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers today.
Love always, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment