Friday, December 16, 2011

Bearabbit serves his purpose

Just a quickie tonight as it is getting late and I need to get to bed.  I have written my thank you card I'm sending to the gentleman I met in Raffles as he was getting a haircut.  He's the one who donated $50.00 to go towards buying more teddy bears for the sick kids who come through the hospital ER.  I am also sending bearabbit to comfort him this Christmas as he mourns the loss of his mother to cancer recently.  I have to prepare the box for mailing and then I'm off to bed.  I love giving surprises!!  I hope he will enjoy bearabbit.  I don't think it's a silly idea to give this gentleman a stuffed animal because I believe in my heart that it is what God wants me to do.
It will go out in the mail tomorrow after I leave my office.
I talked with a lady on the phone today in my office who said "I hate Christmas".  She has four children and she wears an invisible mask on her face.  She thinks no one sees beyond this mask, but I believe her children do.  Please pray for this lady and her children.  God knows who she is and when you pray, He will know the lady you lift up in prayer.
Please continue to pray for my brother Woody who is in the hospital (and wife, Judy) and also for our friend Diane who struggles in the hospital with a weak heart.  One more, please.  We heard from Allen's Aunt Nell.  She has been very ill since Nov. 12th.  She had to have emergency surgery and reports doing much better, but she still needs prayers.
It's 12:55 am and I have to get up from here.  Take care and be safe out there.  Get lots of rest and enjoy the true spirit of Christmas.  We are, after all, celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ!  Thank God!
Love, Your sister in Christ, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment