Thursday, March 22, 2012

Person to Person

Do not wait for leaders.  Do it alone, person to person.
Mother Teresa

It has been one month since my last message to you.  As I type this note, it is 12:14 am on March 22nd.  I just finished cleaning 44 teddy bears for the hospital emergency room.  I am somehow compelled to sit here and send you this note.  Why? Because I haven't given up on Nan's Calendar; because I haven't lost the fire in my soul to be a vessel God can use; because I still care about encouraging others in my simple way.
I have several quotes I want to share with you that have deep meaning for me.

You give but little when you give of your possessions.  It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.
Kahlil Gibran

The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in the thing makes it happen.
Frank Lloyd Wright

The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

The life given to us by nature is short, but the memory of a well-spent life is eternal.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Every day, every minute, every breath truly is a gift from God.
Unknown

I really learned to practice mustard seed faith, and positive thinking, and remarkable things happened.
Sir John Walton

It has been one month since my dear, sweet brother, Woody died.  Part of me is still in shock that he has passed on.  Sometimes, I understand completely and sometimes, I just want to scream.  I love him so much.   The quotes I have shared with you speak to me of his life and the remarkable man I will love all of my life.  Warm, wet tears slip down my cheeks as I type these words to you.  
Every day, every minute, every breath truly is a gift from God.  Please cherish every day.  Cherish every minute.  Cherish every breath, not only your own, but all others, as well.  I will dry my tears and in a little while I will go to bed.
You are in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Never forget that I'm not far away.  I'm as close as your thought of me and you are as close to me as my thought of you. Love always, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment