Sunday, October 11, 2009

"....as long as it is called Today" - Hebrews 3:12-15

(12) See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God.  (13) But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.  (14) We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first.  (15) As has just been said: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion."

I recently heard someone say "There's no such thing as "try".  We either do something or we don't do it."
As long as it is called "today" I am fulfilling God's purpose for my life, simply by giving a smile, a hug, a word of encouragement.  How do I know I am fulfilling God's purpose for my life.  I feel it in my soul.  
Souls speak in a language of their own.  God's soul speaks to my soul and I close my mouth, open my ears and listen and then fulfill my purpose.

 Since we don't know how long our "today" will be,  (we don't know how long we will live), we have to believe in God and not turn from him.  We should strive so fervently to grow into the likeness of Jesus that when someone looks at us, it as if they are looking at Jesus.  We didn't get to where we are now overnight and we won't get to where we are going overnight.  Stay on the right road and your future will be bright.  Don't let your heart become hardened by mistakes and regrets of the past.  Allow God to soften your heart and mold you into the person you are becoming.  You're more than a human being.  you are a human becoming.

Even if we are standing still, we are moving toward our future.  The future is now (today).  No fears, no regrets, just a future with a promise.  Let go of the negatives that are holding you back from a richer, fuller life.  No fears, no regrets, just a future with a promise.  Believe it and achieve it!

In Christian love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment