Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Be Good - 1 Timothy 4:4-10

(4) For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, (5) because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.  (6) If you point these things out to the brothers, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, brought up in the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed.  (7) Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives' tales; rather, train yourself to be godly.  (8) For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.  (9) This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance  (10)  (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

God created you good.  He made you good, so be good!  Who are you to be your own judge and jury?  (I ask in a loving voice)  You have had life experiences; some good and some not good.  We've all made poor choices during our lifetime.   That's because we're human and since the time of Adam and Eve there has been sin in the world.

Sometimes, when I have looked into my own mirror, I wasn't pleased with the woman in the mirror.  I didn't see my true beauty.  It was hidden by my own sense of unworthiness.  We believe what we are told.  I told myself I wasn't beautiful.  I didn't need anyone else to tell me.  I had already convinced myself I was ugly inside and outside.  I had to labor and strive to change my thoughts and my own perception of me.  I'm still a work in progress, but through years of learning more about God and how I should live my life, it is easier to look in the mirror and see a beautiful woman.  I don't know what others see when they see me, but I think God likes what he sees when he looks at me; heart, soul, and all.

God made you good!  You are good!  So, just be good!

Have a wonderful day and smile at the person in the mirror.  Love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment