Tuesday, October 6, 2009

To Be Prosperous and Successful - Joshua 1:8-9

(8)  "Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it.  Then you will be prosperous and successful.  (9) Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

God spoke to Joshua in this passage.  However, we as Christians can be confident that God loves us in the same way and we are to obey his commands.  He didn't say 'if you want to' or 'try to be strong' or 'you might be prosperous and successful if you do everything according to his will'.

My annual income isn't great, but I consider myself prosperous and successful.  If today is the last day I take a breath on this earth, I will die a happy woman.  I know that my life has counted for good.  God brought me up from the depths and all I have now is to his credit.  I have so much that is intangible for which to be thankful.  And I am.

There are so many intangibles right in front of our faces that are priceless.  Rather than be tempted to rate your level of prosperity and success according to the standards of the world view, be thankful for all God has granted you.  Think about your own intangibles today as you work and play.  Say a word of thanks as you acknowledge, to God, the many blessings in your life.

You are a blessing in my life.  For you, my friends I haven't met yet, I would love to see your face and know your name.  As well, there are some of you whose name I know, but still haven't seen your face.  When I pray for you, it helps me to remember your features in my mind.  You are special.  There's only one you on the entire earth and it would be my privilege and honor to see a picture of you.  I'm sure you have my email address.   Send it there.  nan0599@yahoo.com  

When I pray for loved ones, I envision their faces before me as I pray on their behalf.  Whether you live in the U.S., Canada, Europe, India or Trinidad, I consider you my neighbors and I care about you.  I want you to be prosperous and successful.  That is why I pray for your spiritual health as well as your physical, emotional and relational health.

Have a wonderful day!

In Christian love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment