Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'm Still Smiling - 1 Peter 4:8-11

(8) Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. (9) Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.  (10) Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.  (11) If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God.  If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.  To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever.  Amen. 

Yesterday was an awesome day!  Yes, I really am still smiling from the joys of the day.  To say the day at work was productive would be an understatement.  My mind was so full when I left the office that I needed a little time to myself to "change gears."  I went by my local Goodwill store and purchased some terrific inspirational books.  That's a story for another day.  
While driving home from the grocery store, I received a call from Allen, asking me "where are you?" His voice was full of love and concern.   I was, indeed, late getting home.  He said "there's someone here who wants to meet you.  She reads Nan's Calendar."  "They can't stay long.  Come on home."  When we got off the phone, I was more confused than informed, I thought.  

As I drove down the lane, I saw a car drive off the lane and into the grass.  I pulled up beside it and put down my window.  In the car were a husband and wife (friends of our family).  A lady sat in the back seat.  I didn't know who she was at the time.  The lady in the front seat receives Nan's Calendar and shared with me some time ago that she wanted the lady in the back seat to receive the daily messages from me, who I later learned, forwards them on to others, as well.  I couldn't just sit there!  I got out of my car and she opened the door.  I opened my arms and she got out of the car and we shared an excited, warm embrace.  I was thrilled to hear the story of what brought her to my house.  I could feel the warmth of her spirit as we talked.  It was my honor and privilege to meet her.  

The ladies and Allen's mom had just returned from an out of town trip.  It really is a small world!  This dear "new friend" of mine had been my mother-in-law's room mate during their trip.   I finally had the pleasure of meeting a "friend I'd never met!"  I had sent her an email welcoming her to Nan's Calendar quite some time ago.  Had I come home five minutes later, I would have missed meeting her!  Once again, God revealed his perfect timing!  I was thrilled beyond words to meet Jackie.  I invited them all to come home with me, but they declined as Jackie still had to drive home.  
God knew these women would room together during their trip and that I would get to meet Jackie the afternoon of their return home.  Expect good things to come your way and they will.  God already has blessings and gifts prepared for you each and every day.  Wake up in the morning excited and thankful to be alive and you will be amazed at the blessings God will bestow upon you!  Serve him gladly and with a happy heart, first and foremost.  

If today, you and I haven't met face to face, I believe we will, in God's timing.  I consider you to be a friend I haven't met yet.  When we meet, don't be surprised if you get a hug from me.  Hugs are gifts, too.  It may be the only gift I can give you at the time, but I gladly give hugs.  They only last a moment, but the good feelings that come with them linger for a long, long time.

I consider Nan's Calendar to be a gift from God.   I gladly and with a happy heart serve him and you, also.  If you don't already know what is your gift, ask God to reveal it to you.  He will, though he may speak in a still, small voice when he reveals it to you.  Listen.  Then let go of any fear that would prevent you from sharing your God-given gift with others.  You have love in your heart.  That's a gift.  You have a beautiful smile.  Share it.  Someone out there needs to see your smile today.  I'm still smiling.  Take care.  Love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment