Friday, October 2, 2009

......through love. - Galatians 5:6

(6) The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

Galatians 5:14-15
(14) The entire law is summed up in a single command:  "Love your neighbor as yourself."  (15) If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

I received a very disturbing email this morning.  In fact, it was the first email I read upon arising.  Were the words founded or unfounded?  (Rhetorically speaking).  I had  a choice as to how to respond.  I spoke the truth in love, so as not to antagonize the writer of the email.  I will spare you the details of the email.  The words aren't flattering to the writer.  Instead of taking those words personally, I sensed a troubled person, lashing out at someone, because of what, I don't know.  It wouldn't be fair for me to speculate on that answer.  Please join me in praying for this person.  God knows who wrote the email to me.  I choose not to share the name.

We always have a choice.  When I responded to the email, I chose my words carefully and with love in my heart.  I hope you will do the same when you are faced with a situation that could escalate in a negative way, depending on how you choose to respond.

As a carpenter measures twice and makes one cut of the wood, think twice before opening your mouth to speak and before you speak, ask God to direct your words so that he is honored by your behavior.

Have a wonderful day.  I will.  In Christian love.  Nan

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Nan. I have often been the victim of my own mouth opening and letting words fly too fast. Through God's grace, I'm learning to speak kindly to others and hold my tongue.

    ReplyDelete