Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Heart Leaps For Joy - Psalm 28:6-9

(6) Praise be to the LORD, for he has heard my cry for mercy.  (7) The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.  My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.  (8) The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.  (9) Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever.

There was a time years ago, before I met my soulmate, Allen, I wondered if I would live another day.  You may have a memory of such a time, whether it was someone after your own life or yourself being in such a deep, confused, state of mind, the thought of taking your own was in the forefront.  You and I are alive today because God heard our cry and saved us from a terrible fate. 
As I live and breathe God has shown mercy to me more times than I can count.  He truly is my strength and shield.  My heart does trust in him.  My heart does leap for joy and I am thankful each and every day for his presence in my life.  I am filled each time I go to church and worship in song.  There is something special about those old sacred hymns we sing.  They mean so much to me because I understand more now about God's mercy and grace than when I was a young girl.
I encourage you to follow God's leading and go to church.  I can't say I am in church every Sunday without fail.  There are times my seat in the sanctuary is empty.  I do, however, believe your presence and participation in church is more valuable than you realize regarding your spiritual growth.  I trust and believe God will guide you to the church of his choosing for you when you believe in him and allow him to lead you there. 

A mighty fortress is our God.  Place your trust in him and be helped.

In Christian love, Nan

1 comment: