Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pray In The Spirit - Jude 20-23

(20) But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit.  (21) Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.  (22) Be merciful to those who doubt; (23) snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear -- hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

To understand praying in the Holy Spirit, I will share with you a side note in my Bible which comes from Ephesians.  "When we submit our hearts and minds to the direction and leading of the Holy Spirit and then pray in his power, we are praying in the Spirit.  Some believe praying in the Spirit may include the use of certain spiritual gifts such as faith (1 Corinthians 12:9) or unknown tongues (1 Corinthians 14:2)." Quest Study Bible New International Version

I treasure my faith.  No one can ever take it from me.  When I left my Mama's home 26 years ago with only the clothes on my back, I had faith.  My faith is stronger now than it was back then.  I looked death in the face and defeated it, because I had faith that God had a better life planned for me. I did the best I could with the life I had, but no one asks to be abused.  Mama went to her grave not knowing the true story.  I had to protect her and my family from the shame and humiliation of knowing the truth.  I could bear what was happening to me.  It was all I could do to live through it, but I did it.   I couldn't bear to cause my loved ones pain and suffering.  The life I have lived since I left home is an alternate reality. Thank God!!!   I know I would have died had I stayed in that house one day longer.  I live now in my own heaven on earth rather than the living hell I lived in as a teenager and young adult.

God has a better life planned for you, too.  If you feel your faith is weak, submit your heart to God and ask him to strengthen your faith and increase it.  He loves you and so do I.  To quote a line from a movie "have a little faith, baby"!

You have direct access to this blog and you have direct access to God.  You also have direct access to me by commenting to these messages or to me by email at nan0599@yahoo.com   (email is private)  I'd love to hear from you, and so would God.  Take care.  Your sister in Christ, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment