Monday, October 5, 2009

Purpose - Psalm 138:8

(8) The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD endures forever -- do not abandon the works of your hands.

Proverbs 19:21

(21) Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

Romans 8:28

(28) And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Understanding God's purpose in life for us, and our purpose in life for God leads us to a better focus of how we spend our time and our energy.  Without a purpose, we lack motivation and everything seems complicated.  Our energy is quickly depleted and life begins to feel out of control.  We walk around in a daze, unfulfilled and unsatisfied.

I want more for you than to merely survive.  I want you to thrive! As much as I want you to thrive, you have to want it more than I want it for you. One of the best books I have ever experienced (yes, experienced, rather than read) is The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren.  Your experience is based on you taking a 40 day journey with him as he helps you understand about a life lived on purpose and with a purpose.  As long as our purpose is aligned with God's purpose for us, we experience peace and a fulfillment that goes beyond words to express.  We are all becoming the people God is continuing to mold.  Our experiences here on Earth are preparing us for eternity.

I can only speak of what I know and of what I am sure.  We are all a work in progress.  God isn't finished with us (humanity) yet.  Let go of whatever is holding you captive and experience all the good things in life that come your way when you allow God to fulfill his purpose for you.

Your sister in Christ, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment