Friday, October 9, 2009

United in Love - Colossians 2:2-5

(2) My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, (3) in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.  (4) I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments.  (5) For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how orderly you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.

I understand how the apostle Paul felt.  That's the same way I feel about you.  Though we are miles apart, states apart and countries apart, physically, I want you to know that I am with you in spirit.  I think of you more often than you know.  I want to hear from you about your faith....how it has grown, how it is growing....
I feel that when we meet face to face, we will slide into a comfortable conversation in the same way as we slide on a perfectly fitted glove.

My purpose is to encourage you through Nan's Calendar.  It began as a single desire to give back what has been given to me, that being encouragement from godly people who loved me in spite of myself.

If you could be a creation other than human, what would you be and why?  I'd be a butterfly.  That's an easy one for you to figure out.  I struggled for so long in my cocoon and was transformed into a beautifully colored creature who wings herself from North Carolina all the way to India and Trinidad and all over the U.S. and Canada, sprinkling encouragement along the way.

Take care and have a day full of encouragement and love.  When you share your love and encouragement, they come back to you multiplied many times over.  Love,  Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment