Sunday, November 8, 2009

Great is your love - Psalm 86:11-13

Quote of the Day
Learn to endure whatever you need to, knowing that there is joy on the other side.
Joyce Meyer

(11) Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.  (12) I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.  (13) For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.

Yes, God truly delivered me from the depths of the grave 26 years ago.  I looked death in the face and every day since then, I have praised the Lord and will continue to do so until he calls me home.  Even then I will sing praises to his name.

An Undivided Heart

By: Nan Forehand

Lord, as I picked up the Bible

and didn't know where to turn

You brought me to a special place

taught me a lesson I needed to learn

it comes from the book of Psalms

here was the place I needed to start

the more I read, the more I learned

Lord, only you can give me an undivided heart

all emotions, thoughts and attitudes

flow from it's center

good, bad or indifferent thoughts

let only goodness enter

I return to you from whence I came

Lord, ready and willing to praise Your name

Amen


1 comment:

  1. I like that quote by Joyce Meyer - this I've learned through the Lord's faithfulness to me. Thank you for today's message.

    ReplyDelete