Saturday, November 7, 2009

Random Acts of Kindness - Ephesians 4:32

Quote of the Day

The true reward for a kindness lies not in the thanks you get, but in the memory it leaves on your hands.
Velma Daniels

Ephesians 4:32

(32) Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

A church picnic was held on the grounds in the Springtime.  Beautiful, fragrant flowers burst forth and painted a picturesque scene.  The far-reaching weeping willow limbs swayed in the breeze and tickled the grass beneath it.  Laughter and gaity were in the air as folks shared food and fellowship in the warm sunshine.  The mocking bird sang a tune from its perch in the uppermost branch of a nearby tree as immense, fluffy clouds drifted by.
A little girl was seen picking a bunch of wildflowers from the edge of the woods.  She smiled as she tenderly carried in both her hands the nosegay of blossoms.  As she reached the blanket where her Sunday School teacher sat, she held up the fragrant bouquet she had lovingly picked and offered them to her teacher.  The teacher smiled and thanked the little girl as she accepted the gift.  She suggested that the girl go inside and wash her hands.   At this suggestion, the little girl replied, "I'd rather not wash my hands, thank you.  I picked these flowers myself because I wanted you to have them.  If I don't wash my hands they will smell nice all afternoon."
Allow the aroma of a random act of kindness to linger on your own fingers today.  You may be surprised how long the kindness will be remembered. 
Take care and enjoy the beauty of God's creation before you today.

Love, Nan

2 comments:

  1. We did just that today, Nan. It was a rare November day in Chicagoland. The sun shone. The temperature got up to 69 and I thanked God for this day!

    Geneva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commit random acts of kindness all the time. Sometimes I know how the other person feels, but I always know how I feel. Today is another beautiful sunny day here in SoCal. I woke up at 6:30 this morning - quite early for me - but I always realize God has a purpose for waking me up early - I don't grumble anymore (well, maybe just a wee bit until I wake up). Thank you for your message Nan.

    ReplyDelete