Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Heart Condition - Luke 24:32

Quote of the Day
God says He wants to make you something more than your human excellence can ever be.  He wants to love you into wholeness.  You will rise to the level and degree that you sense His love in your life.  That's why I can now invite people to my home, cook for them, speak to them, and write to them.  I don't have to worry about being perfect because the perfection of Christ is manifested by His love flowing through me..
taken from Stormie Omartian's book Lord, I Want To Be Whole

(32) They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he (Jesus) talked with us on the road (to Emmaus) and opened the Scriptures to us?"

I have a heart condition, one that burns with a deep desire to share the Living Word of God, the love of Jesus and the truth of salvation to every man, woman and child who will listen.  I do not consider myself qualified to be a preacher (not in the formally educated sense of the word qualified).  I would not be so bold as to make assumptions in that area.  However, I do believe God equips me with whatever is necessary to reveal His truths to His people.
Speaking of truths....many years ago, I became a pro at lying.  I lied in order to protect myself and my loved ones.  The terrible truth was more than I could accept, so I lied to be able to cope and survive.  Thank God the lies of my youth did not leave permanent mental damage.  When I was strong enough to leave, and when it was no longer necessary to lie, nor to keep wearing the invisible mask that kept me safe, I began to understand the truths of which God teaches and to apply those truths in my life.  All along, I loved the Lord, and I believe He forgave me for the lies.  I know without a shadow of a doubt, the Lord healed me in mind and spirit.  I can't tell you the exact time I understood that God had made me whole again, but oh, what sweet relief!!
If you are still living with anything that gives the devil one bit of pleasure, give it to God to deal with and ask him to forgive you, then forgive yourself.  Love yourself, accept yourself and truly begin to live the life God has planned for you.  You can't even imagine the awesome blessings awaiting you!  Let go and let God do His work in you. 
Sometimes, I wish everyone in the world knew my whole story as God already knows it.  I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I praise the Lord for today and that He holds my heart and will safeguard it from all harm.  I thank God that I have a heart condition (figuratively speaking).  God knows the condition of my heart.  What is the current condition of your heart?  Remember, we're all a work in progress.  It's ok that we haven't reached the highest level of perfection.  As we strive to live more in the likeness of Jesus, the condition of our hearts grow more into His likeness.
Have a wonderful day as we begin the season of Advent.  Love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment