Saturday, December 5, 2009

Expect A Miracle - Hebrews 2:1-4


(1) We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.   (2) For if the message spoken by angels was binding, and every violation and disobedience received its just punishment, (3) how shall we escape if we ignore such a great salvation:  This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him.  (4) God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

God is still performing miracles in this day and time, our day and time, now.  I believe this with all my heart.  Miracles sometimes happen in a flash and sometimes, they are a process which requires time and patient faithfulness.  Something is happening in my life as we speak that is a miracle in the making.  There are many mysteries surrounding this miracle, but I believe in God and I believe in this miracle.  It is happening in God's timing and I understand that.  Yet, I still believe it is to be considered a miracle!
Gloria and I were talking in the office yesterday and the subject of miracles came up. I said in a very confident voice "expect a miracle".  I know that a miracle can happen when we least expect it to and it catches us by surprise, to the point of taking our breath away.  It is with our all or some of our senses, including our sixth sense, I believe, that we become aware of miracles. 
Last night, John and I were working the Christmas tree lot at his boy scout hut and this phase of the miracle began to take shape.  I will spare you the details in this message.  Suffice it to say, I felt that my feet didn't touch the ground all evening.  I felt that I was floating in the air.  Yes, my feet were really on the ground and, no, I wasn't on any drugs (smile).  You will hear more about it when God reveals the rest of the story!
Decide what miracle you are believing for and then believe with all your heart that God will bring it to fruition and transform it from a thought to a real, honest to God miracle before your very eyes!  I believe in God.  I believe in you and I believe and expect miracles in your life and in my life!!!!!
Take care and enjoy this Christmas season.  Keep the true priorities in focus.  Go to church and be a part of Christmas as you never have before!  Love ya!  Nan

1 comment:

  1. "Keep the true priorities in focus"- I believe that's the key to all of life as a believer. May He help us to do just that!

    Geneva

    ReplyDelete