Saturday, December 19, 2009

God's Plans For Us - Jeremiah 29:11-14

Quote of the Day
To grow (spiritually) you must be willing to let your present and future be totally unlike your past.  Your history is not your destiny.  Author Unknown

Do the lost seek God, or does God seek the lost?  Yes.  Yes.
A very dear friend called me today and we spent two hours on the phone talking and praising God for His presence in our lives.  My friend has a loved one who has been making some decisions that are less than pleasing to God, to say the least.  These decisions affect numerous lives.  I hope I used that word "affect" correctly in the sentence.  By the time we said goodbye, calm and assurance had been restored to my friend and a more hopeful spirit returned. 
I just read the quote shown above yesterday from a friend's facebook entry.  It was perfect timing.  God knew I would use it today before I knew it.  Read that quote again..... It is important to remember that we can't change the past. We can't return to it.  It's done.  History.  It doesn't define who you are right this minute.  Whatever happened in your past is done.  Live life to the fullest today.  Tomorrow will take care of itself.  God is in control and He holds the future.  We don't have to worry about what will be our destiny.  We just simply have to be the best we can be today (period).  It's really that simple.  Let go of the past.  It won't help you.  It is a hinderance to your spiritual growth to hold onto anything negative.  We need all the positive influences in our lives we can get.  That's why I was on the phone for two hours today with my friend.  When the negatives in our lives outweigh the positives, we have a choice to toss the negatives aside and replace them with positives.
(11) "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future.   (12) Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  (13) You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  (14) I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity."
Ask God to increase your appetite, that you will hunger for a deeper understanding of Him.
Involve God in each and every aspect of your life.
We desperately need God.  During our times of weakness and insecurity, we need Him.
When we fall short, and as humans we will, our quickest action and genuine request for forgiveness brings us to the grace of God rather than be subject to His wrath.
In the midst of turmoil and strife, we can still experience joy. 
These times of trial and turbulence are opportunities for spiritual growth.
It is an honor to serve God rather than a burden.
All things come from God, both the good and the bad.  Find a way to glorify God in the midst of the bad and He will be honored.
Pray for that impossible dream in your heart to be accomplished.  Dream big.  Expect miracles.  God is, afterall, in the business of performing miracles. 
When we have God's overwhelming grace in our lives, we can't keep it to ourselves.  Share the Good News today with someone in need of hearing of our awesome God.
Our money is temporary.  We have it because God knows we need a certain amount to fulfill our obligations.  Give gladly of what you have and believe God will replenish that with more.
Abide in God and He will abide in you.  Believe at all times.
Keep your nose in your Bible.  It is filled with direction, instruction and comfort.
Above all, pray continually.  That doesn't mean we have to go around with our heads bowed and our eyes closed all day.  Keep your focus on God and He will reveal His will to you in His timing.  Trust Him!
I only speak of what I know to be true.  I love knowing the truth.  Don't you? Listen to the presentation of the hymn Grace Greater Than Our Sin in the youtube link to the right.
Love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment