Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pray Without Ceasing - 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Pray Without Ceasing
By: Nan Forehand

pray without ceasing
pray until something happens
believe and receive

(17) pray without ceasing  (King James Version)

Quote of the Day
"I've also met some folk who don't believe in the power of prayer.  They shut it out of their minds and lives.   I did that once, to my detriment.  If you have a negative attitude about the power of God to work through prayer ..... change your attitude.  'Well,' you say, 'I've never seen anyone who was healed through prayer.'  Take it from me.  I have.  I've seen thousands upon thousands of people whom God dealt with directly and decisively through the power of prayer - both my prayers and the prayers of others.  God heals through prayer.  It's one of His methods.  Don't limit yourself by a closed attitude."  Oral Roberts taken from his book entitled Your Road To Recovery

Allen and I returned home from our United Methodist Charge Conference tonight and before going to bed, Allen asked me if I was going to write the message tonight or wait until morning.  It told him I would get up early and write it then.  As I got ready for bed, I could feel God nudging me in the direction of the computer.  "Do it now.  Don't wait until the morning", was the message I sensed coming from the Lord. 
I obliged Him and came to the far side of the house and first found the Bible verse God wanted me to share.  Then I went to my library shelves and sat on the floor with a book I recently purchased in our nearby Goodwill store.  Much to my surprise, as I looked into the front of the book, I saw that it was autographed by Mr. Roberts, his wife, Evelyn and Richard and Lindsay Roberts.  I truly want to sit here and read it from cover to cover tonight, but I have a full day in the office tomorrow and I must get to bed soon.  I'll save this message as a draft tonight and publish it early in the morning before going to work.
We are all on the road to recovery from something.  We can put limits on what we are believing for, but to put limits on our limitless God is folly.  I concur wholeheartedly with so much of what Mr. Roberts says in his book with a resounding, yes, yes, yes!!! 
Pray without ceasing and pray until something happens and believe and receive!!!!! 

My Passionate Vow to God
by: Nan Forehand
written Sunday, March 2, 2008

As long as you love me, I can
no task is too great or too small
not by my own power, but yours
I can, as long as you love me

I'll speak for you because of love
for every day I live and breathe
your love for others, I will share
because of love, I'll speak for you

you instilled this passion in me
this desire I have will not die
I'll love and serve you all my days
this passion in me, you instilled

one day - I'll see your smiling face
my mind can not comprehend it
oh, what a day of rejoicing
I'll see your smiling face one day!

Author's note: Thanks to the inspiration of Reason A. Poteet, poet at http://www.wordchimes.com/, this is my first attempt at a swap quatrain.

Know that I am praying for you before I go to sleep tonight.  Have a great day!  Love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment