Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Surrender To The Moment

Surrender to the moment.  Ride it out and through, for all it's worth.  Throw yourself into it.  Stop resisting.  So much of our anguish is created when we are in resistance.  So much relief, release and change are possible when we accept, simply accept. Melody Beattie

I remember the first time I rode Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens, Williamsburg (Va).  It was a very intimidating roller coaster, to say the least.  My family, eager to ride it, convinced me to get through the seemingly endless line of people and ride it with them.  Throughout the whole ride, 2 min. 15 sec, at 73 mph, I kept my eyes tightly closed and screamed at the top of my lungs.  I resisted for all I was worth during that first ride, but I lost my fear eventually.  Because we lived meer minutes away from the amusement park and had season's passes, I could go any time I was able to arrange a visit.  It is such sweet release when all fear is gone.  Mind you, respect is of utmost importance, but the more I rode that roller coaster, the more I enjoyed it. 
Today's quote can be applied to any given assignment.  It is when we surrender that we gain the greatest victory.  Have a wonderful day!  Love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment