Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Reasons I Write

Give thanks to the LORD, call on His name; make known among the nations what He has done.
Psalm 105:1

This very Psalm is one of the reasons I write to you today.  Many of you reading this message may think you don't "know" me, but when you read my words printed here, I am giving you my heart and soul, all the while giving thanks and praise to God that I am alive and able to give to you encouragement and inspiration and hope.
I write because I know my writing is a gift from God.  I began writing inspirational poetry five years ago after having spent seven hours one night writing "my story" entitled Faith, Hope, and Love.  Writing my story revealed so many things to me about life, people, heartbreaks, forgiveness, acceptance, but most of all, it revealed the depth of God's love for me during the most difficult times of my life.  Thanks to Quentin Clingerman for creating his website http://www.wordchimes.com/ and for God leading me there, you can read plenty of inspirational poetry from many well spoken poets who write from the heart.
I have grown so much because of the wonderful people God has allowed in my life.  At the same time, I also allowed these people to influence my growth.  We are never alone.  God didn't design us to live solely and independently upon this earth.  We need others and others need us.  Rather than become co-dependent on each other, we are to be interdependent of each other.  Above all, God wants a personal relationship with each of us.  He created us because He loves us and wants us to remain near to Him.
I write because I want the world to know what God has done for me He has done for others, is doing for others now and will do for others in the future.  All that is necessary is a willing and contrite heart.  I remember a time before I met my husband when I was truly a shell of a person in many ways.  I will spare you the details, but because of sexual abuse it took years to become the woman you know today.  I am truly a different woman.  God has transformed me from a pitiful person who truly was ugly and ashamed to one who is not afraid to speak for God and tell others what He has done for me.  It was an amazing day when I felt the ugliness and shame slip away forever.  While I don't have a perfect figure, when I look in the mirror I like the person I see looking back at me.  I am truly grateful God loves me.   I am so very thankful for the love of my husband and his family(my family) and the love of my children, my family and my friends.  None of us is perfect.  We all have faults and flaws, but God still loves us.  Our families still love us.  There was a time when I didn't love my self.  When I learned to love my self and to respect myself and forgive myself, I was able to truly love others, respect others and forgive others.
If you have stayed with me long enough to read this line, you may have perceived me a bit long-winded, but this is exactly the message God wants me to share with the world today.  Have a wonderful day and give thanks to the LORD for all He has done for you.
Thanks be to God.  Peace be with you.  Love, Nan

1 comment:

  1. My,my, how God has blessed you, Nan! What a wonderful gift He has given you PLUS a wonderful family! Praise His Name!

    Geneva

    ReplyDelete