Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Eternal Flame

Love is like an eternal flame, once it is lit, it will continue to burn for all time.

Kamila

You never know what an encouraging word can accomplish!  Thanks to a lady named Michele who took the time to send me an encouraging email today and thanks to a fellow poet, Reason A.  who sent me a timely comment and link to a poetic site, God created, through me, a poem whose origin I just discovered today!
God is love and God is the Alpha and the Omega.  God's love is an eternal flame.  With His heavenly breath, He blew into us the breath of life and with that, He lit an eternal flame within each of us.  As you encourage another person, the words carried on your breath perform a miracle.  We are truly never without hope.  God created us in His image and in so doing, lit our eternal flame.  We simply must fan the smouldering embers of another person's eternal flame when it dies down and is seemingly nothing but a pile of ashes.  Though these ashes appear dead and useless, an encouraging word may be all that is necessary to create a spark that sets the flame aglow once more.
My earthly body is temporary.  One day, I will take my last breath as a human being.  My soul and my eternal flame know no boundaries of space and time.  When I am gone, don't mourn my passing.  Rejoice with me, instead.  When you think of me, my eternal flame will glow inside of you and warm your heart.
Since today marks the third anniversary of Nan's Calendar, it is fitting to share this new poem with you.  It is entitled

My Eternal Flame

my soulful existence perpetual
soul's embers lingering
it awaits heavenly intervention
words spoken, encourage
sparks combust - ignition
flame glowing relentless incessantly
written by Nan Forehand
Sunday, August 1, 2010

This form of poetic expression is called Rhopalic verse.  It can be very deceptive, in that it appears quite simple.  However, much time and deliberation are necessary in order to transform thoughts into a poem that is pleasing to the ear and to the soul.  The syllables of the words in each line are one, two, three, four, etc.
Take care.  Love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment