Thursday, September 9, 2010

Better-looking Wrinkles

Remember, we get better-looking wrinkles from laughing than from frowning.
Ruth Walker

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.  Proverbs 17:22

Laughter has healing powers and  comes easily from a grateful heart.  For that special moment we are laughing, all is well with the world and the spirit is filled with joy.  Have you had your prescription of laughter filled today?  I know.  For me, it's 7:30 am and I must get up from here and get ready for work, but let me tell you....I've already had a good belly laugh right by myself this morning.  It was a hoot, so funny, in fact, I almost snorted! 
Since my last birthday, I have come of age to join the Red Hat Society and thanks to my great friend, Gloria, I joined our local chapter this spring.  Yesterday, two lady friends of mine from work and I went on an adventure during our lunch break.  We all love to treasure hunt and at this particular thrift store, I came across an awesome book for $2.00.  It has lots of quotes and inspirational stories.  The quote I share today comes from a lady who lives (lived-I don't know if she's still living) in the same county where I grew up!  It's a very rural county in the eastern part of the state.  I can hardly wait to share this tidbit of trivia with Allen when I see him this evening!  He lovingly teases me about the people (me included) who come from this county.  What can I say----most of us are just a bunch of country bumpkins!  And I say that with love in my heart!  Of all the places in the world to come from, this lady comes from my little county and she's quoted in this awesome book!!!! Go figure!  Good going, Ruth!  And for those of you who don't know, my middle name is Ruth.  Nancy Ruth to be specific. 
I know....too much trivia for you?  Lighten up and laugh about something today.  Laughter is contagious, by the way.  Even if it's a "silly something" to laugh about, laugh anyway!  You'll be glad you did!  Take care!  Love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment