Friday, September 10, 2010

One Thing Life Has Taught Me

One thing life has taught me: if you are interested, you never have to look for new interests.  They come to you.  When you are genuinely interested in one thing, it will always lead to something else.
Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm interested in life.  I'm interested in people.  In a few days, I will celebrate my 51st birthday.  Yes, I said "celebrate", and yes, I did state my correct age and happily so.  I'm happy be on earth as long as God needs me here.  Each day of life is a reason to celebrate.  I look forward to each new day and the new discoveries I will make before laying down my head on my pillow to sleep.  Speaking of which, it's 12:04am and I'm still being productive, sitting here writing to you!  As I think of you, I hope you are peacefully sleeping right now and wake refreshed, ready for your own new discoveries that will come with the rising sun.  Reminds me of a poem I wrote in 2006 called

Contented Sleep


By: Nan Forehand

hard at work and hard at play

grateful for the miracle of this day

blessed assurance from my LORD

with Him I'm never bored

a life lived to the max

God taught me how to relax

not a worry, not a care

I gave them all to Him in prayer

oh, the benefits I reap

sweet, contented sleep

thankful for the day just passed

slumber time has come at last

He watches over me when I sleep

oh, the benefits I reap

sweet, contented sleep

contented sleep

sleep

shhh

sleep

Thursday, September 28, 2006

"yawn"  it's time to say good night Nan, "good night!"  sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment