Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Two Verses

9) And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren; and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, because I bare him with sorrow.
10) And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me!  And God granted him that which he requested.
1 Chronicles 4:9-10 King James Version

I encourage you to explore other translations of these verses, as well.
I have a book written by Bruce Wilkinson entitled The Prayer of Jabez.  Today was the day God intended for me to begin reading this book.  I could barely put it down long enough to write you this message.  I am excited to finish reading it!  I can't tell you how long I've had this book....bought it for mere pennies in a Goodwill store.  It has been on my shelf for who knows how long....
It is a must read.....not too long, but so powerful is this man, Jabez' prayer, that I must tell you about it!
I have a saying I'll share with you....Instead of saying what you don't want, tell the world what you want!  That, in essence is what Jabez prayed, I believe. 
One year ago today, September 21, 2009, Nan's Calendar really went international when my husband, Allen, created this blog for me!  God has enlarged my territory, indeed!!!!  My territory for God is what I mean.  I do not write for my own gain, fame or recognition.  I simply write to encourage anyone who comes across this blog in whatever way they find it.  I believe it is a medium God uses to speak to those in need of encouragement.  My heart leaps for joy when I see that someone in London, Madrid, California, Massachusetts, Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia, and many other places near and far have read a message I've written to share with the world.  This is God speaking to you through me!  I'm merely a vessel He uses to speak to His loved ones.
These two verses are found nestled among a long list of verses which identify, literally, hundreds of names in 1 Chronicles.  No where else in the Bible do we hear about Jabez, but this one line prayer is so significant that God knew it had to be included.
I hope you will incorporate this prayer in your lives each day.  Yes, by all means, ask God to bless you!  He wants to bless you!  You (humans, in general) don't receive because you don't ask!      It's not being selfish to ask God to bless you.  God wants to shower you with blessings (the blessings of His chosing for you). 
My son says "if you're going to dream, you might as well dream big!"  If you're going to pray for yourself, you might as well pray big!    "And God granted him that which he requested!"
Believe in miracles! Expect miracles!  Miracles still happen in this day and age!  God isn't done with us yet!  We're all a work in progress and that excites me!      
It's 10:15 pm and I must get to bed.  I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow and the blessings God will bestow upon me and you!  I have received the blessing.  I am the blessing. Ask for the blessing.  Receive the blessing.  Be the blessing. Take care! Love, Nan

A Vessel God Can Use

by Nan Forehand

Much can be said

about the thoughts inside a head.

God gave us the ability to choose

whether to be good or to abuse.

A choice to trust and obey

walk with Him all the way.

Never to turn and run

His holy will be done.

He has smiled upon me;

mended my heart and set me free.

Rise to a brand new day

completely willing to say

I am a vessel You can use.

Outstretched arms

surrendered to Him;

choose to be inconvenienced and interrupted.

Don’t let your soul be corrupted.

Be a vessel God can use.

This is the best choice to choose.

Ask God for the insight

to know when the time is right.

Be ready to help another

in Christ a sister or brother.

When God directs you into someone’s life

be there to ease their strife.

Love and support extended

your efforts will be commended.

written July 5, 2005



No comments:

Post a Comment