Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Book of Nan

As you read my love notes shown here, you are reading pages from The Book of Nan.  It's my life you are reading.  When you go into the Archives on this blog and read entries from other months, you are taking a trip back in time to where I was spiritually the day the message was written.  I guess you could say you are reading an e-book as it is being written.  I know there must be grammar mistakes here and there; editing is done before I hit "publish post" so I  try not to miss correcting a mistake.  Above all, these messages taken from the depths of my heart are being sent out from God for the people of God through me.

To make a long story short, I am going to Wilmington, NC on Tuesday and will return on Thursday to visit family.  My sister-in-law passed away last Tuesday and I'm going with my brother, Woody, his wife and daughter to visit my brother, Lin and attend the memorial service for his wife, Jeannie.  She was diagnosed with MS years ago. 
Some of you know that I  met two of my brothers (Woody and Lin) two years ago for the first time in our lives.  We have the same father, different mothers.  All the parents died years ago.  The boys never knew they had a sister until early 2008.  A third brother (Gene) and his wife will come from New York and I will get to meet them for the first time.  Can you even imagine the mixed emotions of sorrow and joy flooding my heart and soul right now.  My brother's wife has died;  I'm going to be there for him and attend her memorial service; I will finally meet my brother and for the first time in our lives look into his eyes and hug him and enjoy a long awaited visit.  It is a reunion I have dreamed of all my life (I'm 51 years old) to be with my three brothers.  We will finally all be in the same room together!  Thanks be to our awesome God!  I always knew I had brothers somewhere on this beautiful planet, but they never even knew of my existence until early 2008 when Divine Intervention took over and brought everything to light. You can imagine how that could have gone to share with someone that you are a sister he didn't even know walked the face of the earth! They know I loved them before I ever met them and they have embraced me with true brotherly love!
There aren't words to describe how I feel right now.  In the midst of sorrow there is joy beyond words to describe.  My brothers are awesome men.  They and their wives have accepted me as family.  As you read this message, you are part of one of life's greatest love stories.  Only God knows the depth of love in my heart which is too great for words!
I hope you've stayed with me to the end of this message today.  If you are reading this ending paragraph, I thank you and appreciate your interest.  For those who clicked into the message, saw its length and moved on without reading it, you know what they missed, right.  You know the rest of the story!
Please keep us in prayer as we celebrate Jeannie's life and celebrate the coming together of brother and sister for the first time in our lives.
Take care.  Love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment