Saturday, January 29, 2011

An Undivided Heart

Psalm 86:11-13

Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.  I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.  For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.

I wrote the following poem October 27, 2005 after reading these verses in Psalms.  Find that quiet time to be alone with the Lord and you will be amazed at how your creativity will flow forth.  Have a wonderful day!
Love, Nan

An Undivided Heart

Lord, as I picked up the Bible
and didn't know where to turn
You brought me to a special place
taught me a lesson I needed to learn
it comes from the book of Psalms
here was the place I needed to start
the more I read, the more I learned
Lord, only you can give me an undivided heart
all emotions, thoughts and attitudes
flow from it's center
good, bad or indifferent thoughts
let only goodness enter
I return to you from whence I came
Lord, ready and willing to praise Your name
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment