Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Nan's Legacy of Love


Today's message of love is dedicated to my children and my unborn grandchildren.  No, Ashley isn't pregnant, but I do believe with all my heart that God will bless Ashley and Kris, and someday, John with children.  If I should die before I get the privilege of meeting my grandchildren, I want them to know me by my words.  I have to write to them down so they will have this part of me and to know me long after I am gone.  Memories fade and stories will be forgotten, but my writings live forever as long as they are read.  My poetry and Nan's Calendar are a legacy of love I leave my family, my children, grandchildren and you.  I am an encourager and I love you.

Happiness is a how, not a what; a talent, not an object. Hermann Hesse


Carried On Breath

He looks beyond my rough exterior to see the gem
God lives in me and I in Him
He is ever present by my side
Christ goes before me to be my guide
He is beneath me; I walk on solid ground
Jesus’ name carried on breath – a heavenly sound
As I lift my eyes to the sky, He is there
To doubt my Lord, I do not dare

written by: Nan Forehand
October 18, 2007

Psalm 143:10

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment