Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Delicate Flower

I saw a delicate flower [that] had grown up two feet high, between the horses' path and the wheeltrack.  An inch more to right or left [would have] sealed its fate, or an inch higher.  Yet it lived to flourish as much as if it had a thousand acres of untrodden space around it, and never knew the danger it incurred.  It did not borrow trouble, nor invite an evil fate by apprehending it.
Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever. Psalm 52:8

I especially enjoy the visual impression of today's quote and the moral of the story.  We are, as well, delicate flowers.  I'm sure you've heard it said before "bloom where you are planted".  Trust God that the horse and wagon will remain in their proper place on the road and that He will protect you.  Flourish where you are right now as if nothing in the world could possibly harm you.  God placed you where you are for a reason.  He will keep you safe, even as the wheels turn closely past you.  Keep your focus on God as your Source of protection so as to lose all thought of fear and danger.  Instead of saying "I don't want those wagon wheels or horses' hooves to trample me", replace that negative thought with positive affirmation of God's presence.  "The Lord is with me.  I am safe."  The last sentence is quite profound.  Don't borrow trouble by holding onto negative thoughts.  Fear is an open invitation to allow negative forces in your life.  Let go of any negatives and replace them with positives.  With God, nothing is impossible!
To God be the glory!

1 comment:

  1. Nan! I just had to let you know how much I enjoyed meeting you today and what it meant to me your sharing your story of where your name evolved. I came home and excitedly shared with my husband how certain I felt that you were brough to me for a purpose today. It gives me goosebumps when I think that you are never normally there on a Tuesday afternoon yet there you were today!! I am honored to think it may have been for benefit to me and yet there it is staring me in the face! God may just be telling me that there are people out there like me need that encouragement and I so believe that is YOU! You are awesome Nan and I am excited to be a follower of your blog. Can`t wait to see what you have in store for us!! Hugs and thank you!! Judi R.

    ReplyDelete