Monday, April 18, 2011

You Know Me

There is no camouflage color on Earth that can hide us from the sight of God.

Oh LORD, you have searched me and you know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.  You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.  You hem me in - behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.  Where can I go from your Spirit?  Where can I flee from your presence?  If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.  If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.  If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me", even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.
Psalm 139:1-13 NIV

I have nothing to hide from God and I have nothing to hide from you.  I want you to see right through me and know me.  Why?  Why do I care that you know me?  I care that you know me because you matter to me.  I don't pretend to be anything I'm not.  That is why I tell you who I am.  I write these love notes, pouring out my heart to anyone who reads my words, because I have nothing to hide.  I believe that one day I will be a grandmother, Lord willing.  I want my grandchildren to know me.  I didn't know my grandmothers.  One died before I was born and I never met my other grandmother.  I know very little about either one of them.  I want my grandchildren to know me.  If I die before they are born, they will know me by what I have written.  I know my children will tell them about me and when they are old enough to understand, they will read my poetry and my Nan's Calendar messages.
As far as I know, I'm healthy, but we never know from one day to the next how short life can be.  Don't take a day for granted and don't take your loved ones for granted.  Tell them now while you still can that you love them.  We can't hide from God, but sometimes we want to hide from others and from ourselves.
When I began this message, it was going to simply be a quote and a Bible verse.  I believe God has directed my words today and this is the message I was inspired to write.
Take care and remember, I love you and you remain in my prayers.  Always, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment