Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rest in Thee, O Lord

Our hearts are restless until they rest in Thee, O Lord.
Augustine

With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26

Though my mind has not been at rest of late, hence, the absence of Nan's Calendar for the past several days, I continue to rest in the Lord.  Does that sound like a contradiction of terms?  I feel every word in that first sentence is absolute truth in my mind.  I know that the thoughts and concerns I've experienced lately are temporary and I won't always feel as I do right now.  Sometimes the mind and the spirit do not move in perfect unison.  Why am I sharing this with you, you may wonder.  I share this with you because I'm real and I'm not perfect.  I don't always have perfect thoughts.  Things don't always go as I would rather they go.  It's not about me sharing vivid details with you here, but rather keeping in touch even though I don't currently feel hugely inspired to write.
I've heard it said, "you can't give what you don't have."  I still have love in my heart and I want to share that love even in the midst of thoughts that are cloudy.  My purpose in writing Nan's Calendar has always been to uplift, inspire and encourage.  I'm stepping beyond myself as I sit here and draw my thoughts to you and away from self.
I wonder how you felt when you've visited this site and didn't find a new message awaiting you.  I hope you've prayed for me.  I think you must have, because I sense an energy that has pulled me here to the computer.  This has not been an easy message to write, but I didn't want anyone to think I have abandoned my station.  I remain steadfast in faith and continue to thirst for communion with the Lord.  I will drink deeply of the Living Water He has provided to quench my thirst.
I continue to pray for you and all that concerns you and your loved ones.
Take care and enjoy this beautiful day.  Love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment