Friday, June 24, 2011

Don't Sweat The Small Stuff

As I was going through some of my books this morning, I came across Don't Sweat The Small Stuff With Your Family written by Richard Carlson, Ph.D.  I want to share some of the topics of the book with you.  These things are important to remember, regardless of the number in your family.  There are a total of 100 topics.  I will select random topics today to give you a taste of the flavor of the book.

Set a positive emotional climate

Give yourself ten extra minutes

Buy something new, let something go

Allow "white space" in your calendar

Stop exchanging horror stories

Fill your home with evidence of love

Don't let money get you down

Let go of your expectations

When someone asks you how you are, don't emphasize how busy you are

Don't go to bed mad

Ask yourself "why should I be exempt from the rest of the human race?"

Keep in mind, as within, so without

Keep your "thought attacks" in check

Look for incremental improvement

Think of something you did right today

Discover simple pleasure

Be an example of peace

Express gratitude for your home

Treat your family members as if this were the last time you were going to see them

(this last one is from the Bible): Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It's the Golden Rule.

I remember the song Tim McGraw and Scotty McCreery sang together on the finale of American Idol a few weeks ago "Live like you were dying".  Have a great day!  I love you! Nan




No comments:

Post a Comment