Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Golden Rule

After my last post entitled "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff", I received the following comment from a very special person.  I included the Golden Rule at the bottom of the message and of all the information I shared that day, the part that stood out the most for the reader was The Golden Rule.  I so appreciate the interest and the profound statement that I want to share it with you today.  
Jesus, indeed, has a way of turning things around and upside down.  I hope you enjoy the quote.  The reader has given us a lot to think about.  Have a wonderful day! Love, Nan


"If we could only have one rule, "The Golden Rule" would probably suffice, if only we would follow it.

 Some form of the golden rule has been around for a very long time.  Way back in the 50's, I was doing a research paper for a philosophy class.  During the research, I discovered that Buddha had said, "Don't do to others what you wouldn't want them to do for you."

 In my ignorance, I remember thinking, 'he stole that from Jesus.'   Then, I discovered that the Buddha was born about 624 BC and that Buddha had stated his version of the golden rule in the negative, centuries before Jesus put it in the positive." Bob


Matthew 7:12 
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

No comments:

Post a Comment