Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Nature's Treasured Moments

Early this morning, after I rinsed my cucumbers and continued the process of making sweet pickles, I went to the garden to pick green beans.  I had just begun placing the beautiful green beans in my repurposed ice cream bucket when the most amazing thing happened.  I've picked a many of a green bean in my life and this experience I'm about to share with you has never happened to me before.  I was bent over from the waist, rustling through the leaves, picking beans,  when along came a tiny baby rabbit taking his/her  time as he/she  moved through the foliage right in front of me!  He/she had been further up the row where I had not picked beans and walked right in front of me!  Mind you, he/she was so low to the ground and the bean bushes were so dense there was no room to hop!  This little baby rabbit showed no fear of me at all and sat within arms reach of me as I picked my beans.  Then it moved along through the beans and crossed over to the row beside me.  I leaned over it and just watched it breathe.  It was a beautiful moment.  Something so simple brought me pleasure in a treasured moment meant only for me to enjoy.  I didn't mind the sweat dripping down my back or the dirt on my hands or the little pain in my back from bending over the green bean bushes.  In that moment, it was just me, God, and the little baby rabbit.  Amazingly, our black Lab, Bob and our cats were still at my house.
When we least expect something wonderful to happen, it will.  I never would have imagined I would have this close encounter with a little baby rabbit.  God prepared for my little visitor to be in just the right place at just the right time to greet me this morning.  That's how it is with God's blessings for us.  He has already been where we are going and has already prepared one blessing after another for our pleasure.  What a shame and a pity to miss out on this treasured moment had I not decided to go to the garden this morning!
I would love to hear from you and how God blessed you with an unexpected treasured moment.  Now I have to jump up and finish getting ready to leave for work!
Take care and stay in touch! Love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment