Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It is better to trust....

It is better to trust and sometimes be disappointed than to be forever mistrusting and be right occasionally.
Neal A. Maxwell, Educator and Religious Leader


Trust men and they will be true to you; treat them greatly and they will show themselves great.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I want to take this one step further: trust yourself and be true to yourself.  Trust God and be true to Him.  Treat yourself with love and self-respect, then watch your world begin to change for the better.  Your world will begin to change for the better because you will see the world through the eyes of love and with a trusting heart.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6 New International Version

Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act.  Do not say to your neighbor, "Come back later; I'll give it tomorrow" -- when you now have it with you.
Proverbs 3:27-28 New International Version

It continues to amaze me how God guides me towards quotes and verses in the Bible to bring a message together.  I think it is because of my prayer that I pray.  "Lord, lead me, guide me and direct me in all that I say and do today so that my words and my actions are pleasing unto You." Amen
Bringing Nan's Calendar to you each day is my simple way of giving good to you, because you deserve it.  It is surely within my power to sit down, meditate, ponder and understand the guidance of The Holy Spirit as I compose my thoughts, quotes and verses.  I am called to bring the good news to you today, for I never know if tomorrow will be a day too late.  Today is the most important day of all, simply because it is here now.  I can create within the hours of today something beautiful or something hideous.  I will choose beauty every time!
I love you, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment