Monday, August 1, 2011

Thanks and Praise!!

Thank you all so much for your prayers concerning the health of my brother, Woody.  It has been nothing short of a miracle how rapidly his condition has improved.  As I understand it, there is no talk of a heart transplant at this time.  When I arrived at Duke University Hospital last Wednesday, the word from his wife and daughter was that his condition was listed as grave.  His heart and kidneys were not functioning properly.  His body was filled with fluid and toxins.  Once the medical staff began to remove the fluid and toxins, a miraculous change occurred.  I was with him all day, along with my brother, Lin and his step daughter, Kathy and before our eyes, he began to improve.  Throughout the day he just got better and better and better.  In recent days, he has been up and walking up and down the hallways.  Hopefully, he will come home tomorrow or Wednesday.
Once again, thank you so much for your prayers.
Today marks the fourth anniversary of Nan's Calendar, which began as writings in a journal of inspirational quotes and special Bible verses.  It moved on October 21, 2007 to the email format to family and friends.  Gradually, God led me to begin writing short devotionals and in September 30, 2009, my husband created this blog.  It is connected to Facebook and is available there for reading, as well.
My poetry is published at www.wordchimes.com and the administrator of that site, Quentin Clingerman, posts these devotionals there, also.  Do yourself a favor and take time to visit this wonderful site filled with inspirational poetry from dedicated and gifted people who write for the glory of the Lord.
My eternal thanks goes out to the late Mr. Bob Pointon who gave me a 365 day devotional calendar in 1993, which I actually received from his wife after his death.  He wanted to give it to me for my birthday in September, but had to go into the hospital and died on Oct. 10th.  To this day, the calendar Mr. Bob gave me is on my desk at work and I continue to read the quotes and Bible verses daily, sharing them with others who come into my office (when the time is right).
When you give a gift out of the goodness of your heart, you never know the lasting impact it will have on the recipient and others as well.  You are reading this message today, because of the love of God and the love of Mr. Bob and his gift to me of a beautiful calendar.  Nan's Calendar is my gift to you.  I expect nothing in return.
I want to thank each one of you from the bottom of my heart for continuing to read these devotionals of faith, hope and love.  This is my legacy of love to you.  Always, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment