Monday, September 19, 2011

Awesome birthday week in review

Wow! Last week was such a great week!  Highlights.... Ashley started my birthday week with a beautiful scarf she knitted for me.  Teddy bears continue to come in from all directions for my Nan's good will bears project with the IMH ER for the children.  Thursday afternoon, I took select teddies to my bank, RBC Centura for a bake sale fundraiser (their suggestion) for the bear project.  The bake sale was held on Friday.  The teddies made great visuals to get people talking about the project.  On Friday we had a special birthday lunch at Red Lobster (my office family and Ashley).  Then, Ashley spent the afternoon with me.  We went to the bank to check on the bake sale and took some wonderful cinnamon pecan coffee cake to sell.  Went by the dry cleaners to pick up a dozen bears and took them to the hospital.  The staff, in return, brought me a dozen bears they had collected for the project.  We went back to the bank at the end of the day and much to my surprise they had raised $100.00!!  Let me tell you, I can buy a lot of teddy bears with $100.00!!!!  My brother in law asked me a few weeks ago, "how long are you going to do this?"  I said, "as long as God continues to put teddy bears in my hands."  An OR nurse at church said on Sunday that the children who need surgery are allowed to take their teddy bear in with them for their surgery.  That's so awesome!
Allen and I spent the afternoon on Sat. cruising around looking at cars.  Yes, there is another car in my near future!  I've been driving my awesome Honda Accord '92 since we bought it new when John was a tiny baby.  He's 19 now and the car has 311,000 + miles on it!
Allen, John and I went out to dinner with Ashley and Kris Sat. night (great time!).  Pastor Mike gave what I thought was his best sermon ever on Sunday.  Then we had lunch with family and John surprised me with a beautiful birthday cake!!  Then, add to all that, my family and friends sent me birthday greetings throughout the day from facebook, text messages and phone calls!  I love you, one and all!!!!  God is good all the time and all the time God is good!!  Take care and have a wonderful day.  Don't waste one minute of the life God gave you!  Your life is precious and your time is valuable!  Love always, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment